Bangsa Moro Global Economic Summit
For Peace & Prosperity
- With the inauguration of the BangsaMoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) last 28th of March, peace is finally at hand in Mindanao and the Philippines as a whole. At the inauguration, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte said: “Before I end, let me repeat and reiterate my solemn promise to you — a sacred one which I also promised to Allah. With his blessings, that in my term, and for the next three years, we will all work and truly work for the benefit of the Bangsamoro people.” He further said: “To my dear Bangsamoro sisters and brothers … the power to chart the course of your region’s future is now in your hands.”
- With this promise, the President and the BangsaMoro people, together with the whole Filipino nation, can start the road to peace, progress and prosperity in BARMM as well as the whole Mindanao. And this will only be possible with the cooperation of private and public enterprises from here and abroad.
- The proposed First Bangsa Moro Global Economic Summit will put on center stage the massive economic activities that will be generated in the Marawi City rehabilitation, reconstruction and recovery master plan. This will present an enormous opportunity to the private sector for partnership and cooperation with the Government. An expert urban planner estimated that it will need eight Billion Dollars or 420 Billion Pesos to rebuild the City.
- The conference shall be a one-day affair with about 300 participants expected to attend including several cabinet members, economic leaders and reputable foundations. It will be on August 19, 2019 at the Manila Hotel.
The Summit shall focus mainly on the following points:
- The rehabilitation and reconstruction of Marawi City
- What the Philippine government and BARMM government can offer to the Private Sector and Vise-versa.
- Investment Strategies of foreign and local investors for the Bangsa Moro.
- Developing industries in the Bangsa Moro and Job Creation.
- Establishment of Financial Institutions in the Bangsa Moro particularly Shari’ah-compliant financing.
- Development of the Halal industry in the Philippines.
The Conference Objectives are:
– To discuss options to maximize efforts in rebuilding and reconstruction of Marawi City with Public Private Partnerships;
– To provide a comfortable environment for investors coming from the Middle-East and Muslim Countries; and
– To provide investment opportunities within the Bangsa Moro, more particularly in the Halal industry and Shari’ah- compliant banking.
- A non-stock, non-profit domestic corporation organized under Philippine laws and registered at the Philippines’ Securities and Exchange Commission, Bangsa Moro Federal Business Council, Inc. (BFBCI) is envisioned to be to be the premier business organization in Mindanao, particularly in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) which will help steer the economic turnaround of the Bangsa Moro region from poverty to prosperity, lack to sufficiency, and failure to success.
- It is organized, among others, to further the economic interests of the Bangsamoro; promote a pro-business climate conducive to investors and developer; encourage entrepreneurship and capitalism; set up linkages between Moro businessmen and foreign investors; and conduct regularly a Bangsamoro Economic Summit where economic development concepts are catalyzed.
- BFBCI is borne out of an impassioned clamor for change, i.e. to
improve the economic lot of the Moros. President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, of Moro lineage himself, inspired its organization. His overwhelming victory has stirred up hope that maybe now, more than anytime in history, the Bangsamoro shall be given their due. His implementation of the BARMM law signifies his serious thrust to bring prosperity to the Bangsamoro starting off with peace and political stability.
- There is therefore a reasonable expectation that the Bangsamoro shall now be given its just and fair slice of the country’s budget. The BFBCI wants to be a dynamic partner of the government in creating a vibrant economy for the Bangsamoro. It is bullish in its prospects as it is composed of individuals who share the common vision of uplifting the economic condition of the Bangsamoro.